Lariat with Frames



When I first wake up in the morning ideas pop into my head. That was the case with this idea. I thought of attaching frames to a piece of lariat rope but found that there are several different ways to do this. I started with the loop end at the top and attached inexpensive frames with a brad nail gun. I was going to cut the rope at the bottom and tassel it. Instead I just hung the remainder of the rope on the top frame. Not bad, but I wanted to try something else.



Beginning at the tassel end I doubled enough rope for the frames and tassel at the end. To hold it together I wrapped leather lace at the top, leaving enough for a loop for hanging. I wrapped leather lace at the bottom leaving enough for unraveling into a large double tassel. I attached the frames and hung it on the wall. The rope tended to curve so I nailed in Mini Star Nails to keep it straight and against the wall. I attached the remainder of the rope at the top with leather lace. You could decorate this for the holidays with fall leaves or Christmas greenery.



Or, you can leave off the coiled rope. You could use more frames, barn wood frames, or different colored frames. Display your whole family! But this is my family. These photos are of my three babies and their sire in the middle.

Comments