Wooden Star Stirrup



This Cast Iron Star Stirrup was on the website, but I have not been able to find anymore. So, I decided to make one out of wood.




I placed the stirrup on plywood and traced it to make a template.





I traced the star section and cleaned up the lines before I cut it out on a scroll saw. Once the templates are made, I can trace this pattern onto any wood I choose.



This is cut from mahogany. When I glued and screwed it together, it broke apart.




I cut another one from oak and glued it together. I used a brad nail gun to secure it.



I spray painted it with a textured paint.




I made another one and stained it to show the wood grain. I used epoxy on this one, which seems to work better.


These Star Stirrups will make great western home décor accents!

Comments