Horseshoe Welcome Sign



I picked up the cast iron Horseshoe Welcome Sign and placed it on a weathered board. I thought of putting a Tiny Horseshoe on each side, but decided to use Tiny Stars. I painted the stars to match the sign and screwed everything into the board with brown screws from the hardware store. I was going to stop right there, and I thought of hanging the sign with an old rusty chain. Instead, I took a piece of lariat rope and nailed it to the back. I wrapped leather lacing on each end leaving about 6 inches for a tassel, and begin the task of unraveling the rope, which takes quite a while. I wrapped a little lace on the top also. You can have fun with this. The kids can paint the stars and unravel the rope. Just place some wax paper on the table and use dark brown acrylic paint, let dry and add a little black.

Comments