Tiller Tea Lights




When I wade through my husband's woodworking shop I'm always finding things that might be repurposed into something useful or artistic. He makes boat tillers and when I saw these tiller "drops" I thought candle holders! In other words, these are the unused portions of the tiller that he throws away. Ok, put a tea light in the top and voila! But they weren't wide enough to put a tea light so I came up with the idea to have a trim piece at the top and bottom big enough to hold a tea light and it's also more stable. These are made from mahogany and ash. I drilled a hole in the top piece for the tea light and screwed it into to the tiller. Screwed the bottom piece on and sprayed it with polyurethane. I wrapped rope from the craft store and tied into a reef knot.

Comments