Horseshoe Towel Holder



This project evolved over time as I came up with ideas. Sometimes I pick up a horseshoe and ideas start popping into my head.



My husband has a wood shop so we have tons of wood. I grabbed a board and screwed a Large Horseshoe on each side and put a couple of finger towels on it. Cute! But...that wasn't quite what I wanted.



How about a napkin holder? You don't need to be a welder to make this! I cut a piece of mahogany to 6 5/8" long  x 2 3/8" wide x 1" thick and screwed Large Horseshoes to it after they were spray painted black. You can use any wood and color schemes.



Standard napkins fit perfectly!



Then I decided to make a no weld hand towel stand. I took the base from a previous project (Longhorn Jewelry Holder) which is 6" x 6" x 3/4" thick. The mahogany post is 1 3/4" x 1" x 16" tall.

The Medium Star, 2 Large Horseshoes, and a Small Star Nail for the top were spray painted black. Try other types of wood and color schemes.



I drilled a hole in the end of the post, placed the star and post on the base and screwed it together, using a washer. The horseshoes were screwed to the post and a hole drilled for the star nail on top.

The wood was sprayed with a clear protective finish.



I love it! It is very sturdy to hold hand towels.



Here's an idea! Attach an XL Horseshoe to the bottom of your favorite framed picture.



Or you can cut 2 pieces of wood and attach an XL Horseshoe with screws. Drill a key hole in the back of each piece and hang on screws that have drilled into the wall. I spray painted it black but you can use any colors to match your decor.



Wooden disposable guest towel holder. This is relatively easy and looks great for equine or western decor.

The base is 3/8" thick x 8 1/2" long x 4 3/4" wide. The side pieces are 1/2" thick x 2 1/2" tall. I drew a design around a Tiny Horseshoe and cut it out on the scroll saw. Glue the sides on, clamp and let dry. There are a couple of brad nails in each side. The mahogany was finished with dark brown Briwax. The Tiny Horseshoes were screwed to the sides.



I think this towel holder is my favorite. These are a few of the many great horseshoe ideas to incorporate into your home decor. See what you can dream up!

Comments