Cowhide Frame



Here's an idea for a western frame. I wanted to add hair on cowhide to an 8x10 barn wood frame and had some strips from another project that fit perfectly inside of this frame. That was easy! With a leather rotary cutter I had to cut 2 more strips to have enough. I glued them to the frame with hot glue, but next time I would use epoxy or Titebond the original. Holes were drilled for the 1" silver Clavos in the corners and I attached one 3/4" on each side. I sprayed Small Star Nails metallic silver and drilled holes to nail them into the upper and lower part of the frame. These star nails had longer nails so I was able to nail them in and keep them on the outer portion of the frame. It was a simple design and not a lot of work. Hopefully this will give you inspiration to come up with your own fancy creation.

Comments