Texas Flag in Barn Wood Frame


 I saw this Texas flag in a local restaurant and decided this would be my next blog project. It turned out the date of the blog would be March 1st, one day before Texas Independence Day! So, I built this flag as a tribute to my great state of Texas.

I tried to conform to how the flag is officially described by law such as proportions and dimensions of the colors.


Here are the dimensions I used for the barn wood I had on hand.


I cut the boards to length and width and glued the frame together.


After it dried, I stapled the back corners with a pneumatic stapler.


I cut a piece of plywood 25" x 18" and glued and stapled it to the back of the frame.


Flag boards are ready to paint.


The painted flag boards will be glued onto the plywood backing.


I tried to paint the flag boards faded and vintage, so I did a lot of experimenting with acrylic paint. I glued the boards onto the plywood backing and clamped them.


I painted a large star nail, drilled a pilot hole, and nailed it into the flag boards.

Happy Independence Day Texas!

Comments