Cowhide Can Koozie


I had some cowhide scrap and decided to make a can koozie. I cut about a 15" x 8" piece.


On the back, I laid down a regular koozie and drew a pattern around it. I used a ruler to make the lines straight. Since this koozie stretches, I made mine a little larger. I flipped it over and continued to draw the other half.


This is what is would look like. I cut it out with leather scissors, or you could use a knife.



It's ready for the can of your choice.




I pulled the leather up around the can and held it with clothes pins. I put smaller clips to hold the leather in place and drew a line about a 1/4" from the can. This where I will sew with a sewing machine.




Ready to sew.




Sewn and ready to trim the excess.





Trimmed.




I turned it inside out and pulled it up on the can. It was tight and I let it sit overnight. The next day I stuck a pen in the side to stretch the leather and it worked perfectly. Next time I will make it a little larger.




I found that this was not insulated enough, so I made 2 more, one lined with leather and the other lined with hair on cowhide.



I attached the 2 pieces of leather together with spray adhesive and continued as described above.



 These can be turned inside out.




I like this look also. Enjoy your Koozie!



 

Comments