Horseshoe Towel Bar/Shelf



I've always wanted to make a Horseshoe Towel Bar, but I wasn't sure how to design it. I finally came up with this design.



I bought a 1 x 6 x 6' long board and cut 2 pieces 30" long. I found a 1" dowel in the shop which was 30". I sanded all surfaces and glued and clamped the pieces together. I used screws to secure it.



I wanted to glue leather to the top and on the front edge of the shelf, so I put blue tape on these sections and spray painted the shelf unit and the dowel.



This is the paint I used in metallic oil rubbed bronze.



Horseshoes will be screwed to the ends of the shelf to hold the dowel. Tiny conchos with screw adapters will hold the dowel in place. The other conchos will be screwed into the top leather strip.



I cut a strip of leather 1 1/2" wide and punched slotted holes for the slotted conchos.



I tied the conchos to the leather and glued the leather strip onto the wood.



Leather is glued. Pilot holes are drilled for the conchos with the screw adapters.



After I drilled holes in the horseshoes for screws, I sprayed them with a clear sealer
. The horseshoes were screwed to the end of the shelf and the dowel was screwed into the horseshoes using the tiny conchos with adapters.



The shelf can hold wash cloths or decor.

Two of the conchos used in this project can be found here.


Comments