Leather Covered Knife Block


I saw a photo of a leather covered knife block and thought I can do this!
I purchased an inexpensive knife block with knives to experiment.



I made a template out of paper around the front of the block and cut the leather to fit. I stamped it and put a leather finish on it.



I glued it on with Titebond regular one section at a time, letting it dry after each section.




I wrapped paper around the back of the knife block to make a template for hair on cowhide.

Cowhide is ready to be glued.

I glued it on one section at a time, letting it cure between each section. I painted the white leather edges with a brown leather finish. I put Briwax on the unfinished wood.

On each side I made a concho and glued it on with Gorilla Glue.

I was pleased with the way it turned out. Try it and add some Western flair to your kitchen. Good luck!

Comments